Wednesday, October 22, 2008

God Moments


For those of you who are reading this and do not know me. I have what I call "God Moments" very frequently in my life especially since my little Hunter died. People have told me for the past four years you must write down these times that God says hang on, I am still here with you and everything is going to be alright.

So I thought what the heck, I will start blogging them! They are not going to be in any order because they just come back to be every now and then and of course the are still happening at least every other week or so.

Here is the most recent.

My precious husband sometimes has the opportunity to tell his story to people that he works for and it usually is very impactful on everyone involved. He is a contractor so God gives him many opportunities to share about his faith through our little Hunter.

One day a couple of weeks ago my husband came home from work and was a little sad, I asked what was wrong and he begins to tell the story of his day and how God had given him an opportunity to share his story with a new client. He tells me what was said and how he explained to this man that hunter was 3 years 3 months and 3 days old when he died and how this man was impacted.

Then he says where is your Bible because this man came to me later and said that the Lord had laid it upon his heart to tell him to go to Jeremiah 33:3 and read it.

When my husband said this I started crying immediately. I was recovering from pneumonia and the flu and had been out of work for almost two weeks and had taken this opportunity to catch up on journaling and spending time with the Lord.

Well, the Lord had laid it upon my heart to write a scripture passage every day that I journal.

Guess what verse it was!!!!!!!!!!! Jeremiah 33:3!!!!

How awesome is that!!! For two weeks before my husband even knew this man who told him about this verse, who himself did not know what this verse said, I had been writing it faithfully in my journal.

Well here it is i pray that it impacts your heart as it has mine for more reasons than one.


" You will call to me and I will answer, I will show you great and mighty things which you do not know. "

Jeremiah 33:3



5 comments:

Katrina said...

Thanks Melanie. It's been a rough day here as well, and that just made it all better.

Tennessee Mama Duck said...

Mel, He is so good. What a personal way to speak to you! That is great!

Anonymous said...

Please know that you have been on my heart and mind. I have not stopped thinking of you and your family.

Thank you for your poignant, humble cries to the Lord and for showing us how He has answered you in your history of grace with Him. You and your family and your witness for Christ is one of the most powerful blessings in my life. I have shared your journey with people that the Lord has brought to me. I have since met many parents who have lost a precious one and am amazed at how the Lord is so evident in their lives.

Know that you are lifted up in prayers as often as the Lord brings you to our hearts! Reading your blog has drawn me closer to God and to you. May I share on of my favorite verses with you? "When I am afraid, I will trust in You." Psalm 56:3. It comes from my sister's small group in Canada who prays for you also.

Love you, Melanie!

Wanda said...

What a beautiful blog. Mel. I stumbled upon you and I'm so glad I did.
I will pray for you, sister. You have every right to feel every feeling you're feeling.

It looks like you've not posted in a while. I pray you're not swallowed up by the black hole you speak of.
Hang on sister!
Keep writing. You don't know WHO God wants you to speak to.

Rachel said...

That's incredible! I remember Donnie telling us this story in the Dominican. Sigh. Thinking about how different things were on that trip makes me so sad when I look at how things are now. But I guess it should offer me hope instead of sadness. Maybe it was a moment for me to hang onto and have hope for what the future holds instead of a moment to look back on and miss. This doesn't have a lot to do with your blog, I guess, but it just made me remember the first time I heard this story. I'm so glad that you and Donnie NOTICE the God moments that God puts in your lives. I think so many of us miss them entirely.